Monday, September 21, 2015

Ferrari 365GTB4 Competizione Work In Progress #3

Well, I hope I can finish the WIP of 365GTB4 in this post.

Since I was not happy with the look of the centre nuts, I decided to make them from 3.2mm hex rod and plastic pipes. Pipes were cut held by the motor tool. Holes were made in the centre of the hex rods. Then 2mm rods were set to the centre.

I dug a 2mm hole in the centre of wheels to set.

Then painted with enamel gloss black, then...

GSI Creos Plate Silver was airbrushed.

I airbrushed White Primer on the "Good Year" template. Some trial and errors were needed.
Wheels were painted in Silver (Creos #8). 

Vacuum window parts showed almost perfect fits. Thanks, Studio 27!!
And I learned how to fit the photo etched side window rim well. Just adhere the rim along the window vacuum part (before this, cut the vacuum part along the outline of the PE rim). The vacuum window part had perfect curve fitting to the body, so photo etched part didn't have to be adjusted in the curve of the body. The window parts were simply set with G Clear Bond.

I used "Head Right Lens Set" from Modellers (not sold now; I really want them to be sold again!! I'll buy 10 sets!!). Luckily they showed perfect fits. The lens in the box was just yellowish and I didn't want to use.

And I set black heated and stretched plastic rod on edges of the rights and right covers.

...I thought the shape of this rear wing was a little bit wrong, but still looking good. I used the G Clear Bond here again.

Finally the wiper was set. The arm seemed clearly too long so I cut it to 1/2 of the length.


Well, though I struggled to recover the trouble of clear coat, I enjoyed my first trial for a resin/multimedia kit, also a racer with lots of decals.

This is the end of WIP of my 365GTB4, thanks for coming and now it's time for posting photos of completed one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment